Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Broods of Fenrir// interview w/ Coral Moore

This is one of the stops of this booktour

First to introduce the author.

About this author
Coral Moore has always been the kind of girl who makes up stories. Fortunately, she never quite grew out of that. She writes because she loves to invent characters and the desire to find out what happens to her creations drives the tales she tells. 
Prompted by a general interest in how life works, her undergraduate schooling was in biology. She follows science news and enjoys conversations about genetics and microbiology as much as those about vampires and werewolves. Coral writes speculative fiction and is pursuing a Master of Fine Arts in Writing at Albertus Magnus College. 
Currently she lives in Connecticut with the love of her life, who offers both encouragement and kicks in the tail when necessary. Also in residence are two mammals of the families Canidae and Felidae. 
She released her first novel, Broods of Fenrir, in November 2011. Her next release, Elements of Rebellion, is due out in spring 2012. visit her on chaosandinsanity.com  like her on FB or stalk her on twitter @  coralm





Now for the interview

What inspired you to write Broods of Fenrir ?

I was inspired to write Broods by a love of Norse mythology and the desire to write werewolves in a different way. The history of werewolves is so vast, and I think in today’s fiction they’ve gotten a bit one-dimensional, so I wanted to go a different way with them.

Who is the artist[s], fanboying here! Lol

Amanda Kelsey at Razzle Dazzle Design made my cover. She’s amazingly talented. I love the cover she made for this book. She’s working on the cover for my next release right now. I can’t wait to see it.

What was your favorite scene[s] to write in Broods of Fenrir ?

There’s a scene where Dagny leaves Brand that was one of the most painful I’ve ever written. I enjoyed the emotion there, and it gives such a wonderful snapshot of who Brand is.

What got you in to reading and at what age , what sort of books did you like reading as a child?

I’ve always been a big reader. I don’t really remember a time in my life when I didn’t read. I went through a long phase when you I was young where all I read was animal books. Black Beauty by Anna Sewell was my favorites for many years—a very sad story, but wonderful too.

Do you have a set routine when you are writing?

I don’t have any kind of set routine. Sometimes I write at my desk, sometimes at the kitchen table and sometimes on my couch. It depends on the mood I’m in that day.

Are you a plotter or just write what the characters feel like to saying? [to me all characters are like real people]

I’m not much of a plotter. For the most part I just put my characters in situations and explore the world through their eyes.

Have you any other books in the making at the moment?

I’ve got a more traditional fantasy called Elements of Rebellion coming out at the end of March or beginning of April. I’ve started a second book in the Broods world as well, but that one won’t be out until probably the end of the summer.

Any song[s] that fit perfectly with Broods of Fenrir  scenes /characters or the book itself?

I’ve always thought Do What You Have To Do by Sarah McLachlan is the song that represents the Brand and Dagny romance. There are forces pulling them apart and though they both know they probably shouldn’t be together they can’t let go.

Why should we read Broods of Fenrir ?
Broods features a different kind of werewolf. There’s a lot of action, and a strong romantic plotline. It has aspects of Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy.
 
This or that segment

Vanilla or chocolate

Chocolate, always.

summer or winter

Winter. I don’t like the heat.

Vampires, faeries or zombies

Lately probably faeries. I’ve been researching a lot of folklore lately, and some of the faery stories are really interesting.

The book

Synopsis: Shapeshifter Brand Geirson was raised to rule the Broods of Fenrir, but he refused his birthright. Instead, he killed their brutal leader–his own father–and walked away. 
For hundreds of years he’s avoided brood society, until a werewolf kills an innocent human woman and Brand finds himself dragged back into the violent politics of the shapeshifters. When the two brood women who mean the most to him come under threat, he must take up the throne and risk becoming the kind of vicious bastard his father was, or let the broods descend further into chaos–taking the friend he swore to protect and his lover with them.

1 comment:

  1. Great interview roro I hadn't heard of this one before. Norse mythology is not something I'm too well versed in but I'm usually fascinated by it all.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater