Sunday, November 20, 2011

Blood by K.J Wignall, DNF explanation


  by 
 K.J Wignall
Published by  EgmontUSA
 Date published: September 27th 2011
Rating : 3/5[what i read]

Synopsis"I do not remember being bitten. I wish I did, for then I would know the creature who did this to me and I would have a purpose, to track him down and repay him for the poisoned gift he gave me." 
Back in the 13th Century, Will was destined to be Earl of Mercia.  He never lived to inherit his title, struck down by a strange illness and buried beneath the city walls.  But Will was not dead, and only now, seven lonely centuries later, does he begin to understand that there was a reason for all of this, that he has a destiny.  To find it though, he will need help, and as ever, he will need blood
UK cover


 my thoughts 


Cover: Requested it right after I saw it on netgalley. Looked it up on Goodreads and saw a Uk cover I think. First loved that version but the Us started to grow on me and its now the better of the two [us cover]




Book: This is about Will, above 700 year old vampire but he looks like a 16 year old teenager. He hates the word vampire prefers the term Living Dead. He sleeps decades at a at a time reminds. He finds it to be a disease. And hate the being who did this to him. 

I could have finished it, had 100 pages left but forgot about it while reading a other book and it expired. I often read two books at a time. Downloaded it again, started but could not get past page 50. Don’t know why.

It’s not that will is not likeable, gentle men like at times and not shimmering [I know a hint to twilight again] But did not feel attached to him or the girl he meets when he awakes in the 21 century after having 30 ish or more years of rest.

I did like the atmosphere and anecdotes of him in the past centuries. The front used made it very journal like. In a couple of centuries he liked a girl but a happy ending in all of them. Don’t know if the 21th century girl falls in love with him, did not finished it. There were signs of maybe a romance.

The enemy was a ENEMY. Those scenes were intense and you felt the atmosphere in the book. This is book 1 of the Trilogy and don't really know if i'll read book 2.A couple of people liked it on goodreads
.

Egmont USA has been extremely gracious in allowing me to read a copy of this novel, via Netgalley, prior to its release on September 27, 2011.

Songs that fit perfectly with this book and  do generate a atmosphere





virtual hangouts
goodreads
website
facebook

4 comments:

  1. Still no go on this one, huh. I think this might slip on by past me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too bad you didn't get to finish it! To me the vampire novels stopped making any sense after the last Vampire Chronicles by Anne Rice. Most of the stuff that came after that.. yeeew xD

    This 16 yo-looking vampire sounds awfully like Armand from Anne Rice's novels. I think one 16-yo centuries-old vampire like that is enough :P I think I'll pass!

    Kudos to you for writing this review despite not being able to finish the book. I wouldn't bother :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh. The cover does not suggest a romance, so I would have probably got it, so thanks for clearing that up!

    Ana
    http://book-spark.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really LOVED this book. So much more believable then Vamps that sparkle in sunlight...Get real...
    It would explain why we never catch them by sleeping for long periods of time. I also loved that it wasn't about two teens falling in love the first second they meet, like other vamp books. More believable. I totally rated this one 5 stars.

    Sorry it didn't cut the mustard for you.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater