Wednesday, August 22, 2012

WOW #10

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly Meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine. Book bloggers present upcoming books they can’t wait to read and share their enthusiasm about new releases 



Carnival of Souls (GOODREADS)
by Melissa Marr
Published by HarperCollins
Date to be published:  September 4th 2012

Synopsis: In a city of daimons, rigid class lines separate the powerful from the power-hungry. And at the heart of The City is the Carnival of Souls, where both murder and pleasure are offered up for sale. Once in a generation, the carnival hosts a deadly competition that allows every daimon a chance to join the ruling elite. Without the competition, Aya and Kaleb would both face bleak futures--if for different reasons. For each of them, fighting to the death is the only way to try to live.
All Mallory knows of The City is that her father--and every other witch there--fled it for a life in exile in the human world. Instead of a typical teenage life full of friends and maybe even a little romance, Mallory scans quiet streets for threats, hides herself away, and trains to be lethal. She knows it's only a matter of time until a daimon finds her and her father, so she readies herself for the inevitable. While Mallory possesses little knowledge of The City, every inhabitant of The City knows of her. There are plans for Mallory, and soon she, too, will be drawn into the decadence and danger that is the Carnival of Souls.

I have read nothing from her. But extremely exited. REaD the synopsis . read it. It souds great right and i love fantasy . Plus the trailer was wicked.




The Raven Boys (Raven Cycle #1)
by Maggie Stiefvater
Published by Scholastic Press
Date to be published : September 18th

Synopsis:
“There are only two reasons a non-seer would see a spirit on St. Mark’s Eve,” Neeve said. “Either you’re his true love . . . or you killed him.”
It is freezing in the churchyard, even before the dead arrive.
Every year, Blue Sargent stands next to her clairvoyant mother as the soon-to-be dead walk past. Blue herself never sees them—not until this year, when a boy emerges from the dark and speaks directly to her.
His name is Gansey, and Blue soon discovers that he is a rich student at Aglionby, the local private school. Blue has a policy of staying away from Aglionby boys. Known as Raven Boys, they can only mean trouble.
But Blue is drawn to Gansey, in a way she can’t entirely explain. He has it all—family money, good looks, devoted friends—but he’s looking for much more than that. He is on a quest that has encompassed three other Raven Boys: Adam, the scholarship student who resents all the privilege around him; Ronan, the fierce soul who ranges from anger to despair; and Noah, the taciturn watcher of the four, who notices many things but says very little.
For as long as she can remember, Blue has been warned that she will cause her true love to die. She never thought this would be a problem. But now, as her life becomes caught up in the strange and sinister world of the Raven Boys, she’s not so sure anymore.

I adore maggie's writing . I love how different this sounds plus the cover art does add something. I love ravens. It is so hard choosing want to buy w/ the limited chance for books. Hope  i get them soon 

42 comments:

  1. I love Maggie too! I can't wait for The Raven Boys and Carnival of Souls sounds awesome!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need both of these books, especially The Raven Boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! The Raven Boys! This is actually my next read and I'm VERY excited for it! Like you, I adored Maggie's Wolves of Mercy Falls series.
    great picks!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard quite a lot about Carnival of the Souls and I'll probably read it soon! I have arc of The Raven Boys and I'll be reading it really soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. People LOVE Marr's books ( I only sort-of liked Wicked Lovely) But I will ready anything by Maggie Stiefvater! Great pick, I am happy it comes out soon. Check out our WoW :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you have some interesting ones on your list. Great covers!
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two great choices!! Although, I haven't read anything by these authors, yet. I do have The Raven Boys for review, and am looking forward to it!

    MY WOW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am super excited about the Maggie Stiefvater title. "The Scorpio Races" was one of my favorite books last year. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great choices!! Thanx for sharing and visiting my WoW!!

    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the second post I've seen of Melissa Marr's book. Great choice. I really liked The Raven Boys, and hope to have a review up soon. Please check out my WoW!

    Also we're doing a giveaway of Maggie Stiefvater's Raven Boys. Entries close on the 26th.

    Thanks

    Anna @ Wandering Librarians

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah! I've heard a lot about The Raven Boys! It does look pretty amazing! :D
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have Carnival but I haven't had time to read it, and I def want to check out Raven boys. Really great choices. Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved both of these roro! Great picks. That trailer was wickedly good for Carnival of Souls! Hope you like them when you get to them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. these are both awesome picks Roro. Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh yeah! I can't wait for Carnival of Souls, either!! I read her Wicked Lovely and I absolutely loved her style of writing.

    On the other had, I haven't read her Wolves series yet but it IS on my shelf, literally, to be read so I'll get there!! Super picks this week!!!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both sound like really awesome books, and they both have great covers! Great pick!:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Both are on my TBR list too. Raven boys especially.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great choices!Hope the Raven Boys lives up to its expectations.

    Thanks for sharing and stopping by my Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG I can't wait to read The Raven Boys too :D ! I love Maggie Stiefvater's books. Her writing is just so beautiful and lyrical !
    Thanks for stopping by my blog :).

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love Melissa Marr. I'm so excited for this, even though the cover is seriously lame imo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for stopping by! I can't wait for those books either!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are two awesome picks! I got both of them at BEA in June, but I haven't read them, yet ;) However, I am seriously excited to start both of them. Thanks so much for sharing and for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great looking picks! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both of those are awesome picks! Thanks for stopping by My WoW

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm excited for Raven Boys as well.
    Hope you get to read it soon.
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  26. I wasn't a big fan of the Wicked Lovely series but I love the sound of Marr's new one.

    Thanks for stopping by my WOW :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've only read one of Stiefvater's books and it was probably the worst one. :) I should give her another try, this looks like a good one. I definitely am going to pick up Melissa Marr's, I love her books and this sounds like such a good one. It doesn't hurt that it comes out really soon.

    Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I excited for Stiefvater's Raven Boys and I'm pretty curious to see how Black's new series will turn out. Nice picks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Awesome picks. I really can't wait to read both of these too. They both look like awesome reads. =] Thanks for sharing and visiting My WoW
    Michael @ The Bookshelf Review

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh, I love Maggie Stiefvater! She's one of the writers that really has her own style and you don't even have to see the author to know it's by her. And the Carnival book has been popping up lately, too :) Nice choices ;)

    And thank yuo for stopping by @ Little Pieces of Imagination :)

    Siiri

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm also very excited about Carnival of Souls.

    ReplyDelete
  32. AHHH I AM SO EXCITED FOR BOTH OF THESE!!! I've LOVED everything Maggie has written so far, so I just KNOW The Raven Boys is going to be INCREDIBLE. And I really, really enjoyed the Wicked Lovely series, so I'm eager for MORE from Melissa Marr.

    I definitely have high hopes for these both. Awesome picks!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have Carnival of Souls but I am waiting on Raven Boys, it sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I want to read both of these too. I've never read anything by Maggie but everyone always says how beautiful her writing is.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oooh, I can't wait to read Raven Boys. I haven't read any of Maggie's books yet, but I've read some awesome reviews of it already! I hope you get to read them both soon. :) Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I read both these recently they are good but didn't blow me away. Still worth reading, though.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I really enjoyed both of these books and hope you like them too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm really excited for The Raven Boys! Great WoW and thanks for visiting my WoW post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  39. I am so, so excited about these ones! Especially The Raven Boys; I loved Maggie's last book, The Scorpio Races. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Great choices! Carnival of Souls is actually my pick for this week's WoW, and I've requested The Raven Boys from my library, so am super excited for them to get it in!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! Sorry for the delayed response; I'm just now catching up. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater