Friday, December 2, 2011

On my wishlist #9


On My Wishlist is a fun weekly event hosted by Book Chick City and runs every Saturday.It's where we list all the books we desperately want but haven't actually bought yet. They can be old, new or forthcoming. It's also an event that you can join in with too - Mr Linky is always at the ready for 

you to link your own 'On My Wishlist' post. Want to know more? Click here


Lord of the Fading Lands (Tairen Soul #1) by
C.L Wilson

Publication Date: October 2nd 2007 ,Leisure Books
Genre: Adult High Fantasy Romance

Once he had scorched the world. Once he had driven back overwhelming darkness.
Once he had loved with such passion, his name was legend...
TAIREN SOUL
Now a thousand years later, a new threat calls him from the Fading Lands, back into the world that had cost him so dearly. Now an ancient, familiar evil is regaining its strength, and a new voice beckons him--more compelling, more seductive, more maddening than any before.
As the power of his most bitter enemy grows and ancient alliances crumble, the wildness in his blood will not be denied. The tairen must claim his truemate and embrace the destiny woven for him in the mists of time.
I just heard about these books today. this is book 1. love the cover. Shapeshifters and high fantasy , whats not 2 love.[ its from 07, hope i get it soon before it's out of print]



Don't Let Me Go by

J.H Trumble

Publication Date:  December 27th 2011 ,Kensington Publishing Corporation

Genre: Contemporary Young Adult

Some people spend their whole lives looking for the right partner. Nate Schaper found his in high school. In the eight months since their cautious flirting became a real, honest, tell-the-parents relationship, Nate and Adam have been inseparable. Even when local kids take their homophobia to brutal levels, Nate is undaunted. He and Adam are rock solid. Two parts of a whole. Yin and yang. 
But when Adam graduates and takes an Off-Broadway job in New York—at Nate’s insistence—that certainty begins to flicker. Nate starts a blog to vent his frustrations and becomes the center of a school controversy, drawing ire and support in equal amounts. But it is the attention of a new boy who is looking for more than guidance that forces him to confront who and what he really wants. 
J.H. Trumble’s debut, DON’T LET ME GO, is a witty, beautifully written novel that is both a sweet story of love and long-distance relationships, and a timely discourse about bullying, bigotry, and hate in high schools
I love this cover, not girl-i-fie d ,like that and after reading Hushed by kelley  york[review] i'm longing for more non traditional contemporary YA.

So, that's what's on my  wishlists this week -
what's on yours?


6 comments:

  1. I hope you get to read DLMG! And I hope you like it. I love the cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get to read these soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard of either of these but they sound pretty interesting. I'll be looking them up :) Hope you get them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been wanting to read Fading Lands too... I need a dose of high fantasy.
    haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'll add this one to my wishlist too.

    I'm wishing for a picture book. Please come see which one it is and who recommended it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Tairen Soul series! Hopefully you will too =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater