Monday, August 6, 2012

Review: Auracle by Gina Rosati

Auracle [add to Goodreads]
by Gina Rosati
Published by Roaring Brook Press
Date publication: August 7th 2012
Source: gifted
Rating: 4.25/5

AMAZON // BOOKDEPO

Synopsis:16 year old Anna Rogan has a secret she's only shared with her best friend, Rei; she can astrally project out of her body, allowing her spirit to explore the world and the far reaches of the universe.
When there's a fatal accident and her classmate Taylor takes over Anna's body, what was an exhilarating distraction from her repressive home life threatens to become a permanent state. Faced with a future trapped in another dimension, Anna turns to Rei for help. Now the two of them must find a way to get Anna back into her body and stop Taylor from accusing an innocent friend of murder. Together Anna and Rei form a plan but it doesn't take into account the deeper feelings that are beginning to grow between them

My thoughts

Cover :shimmer ,shimmer, blue shimmer . A icy-cold blue waterfall with in front a floating girl. High on the 2012 coverloves

Book:Paranormal YA has seen a big boom.Throughout the short time span books have popped up like mushrooms.Ideas that were new got recycled and used again and again with a basic formula.Resulting in stale cookie cutter bad boy infested ( the good ones not included) young adult books.This one is different. I see you are rolling your eyes.""Yeah right, different."".This is my response ""Yes it is"". Reason: astral projection.Let it sink it.You know the ability to extract your being out of your physical body.This book has it.A particular girl can do it.Anna.

The way Auracle is written is lovely and flows of the tongue.After some chapters Anna's voice structured for me.This book is not PNR but rather PNR+. This includes friendship,loyalty,family struggles,taking care of your actions and fixing stuff and doing whats right even without a body.
All that make it real and relatable. It is paranormal infused with somewhat crime, baked not burned with romance (you know the romantic goodstuff) and sprinkled with contemporary fiction elements. I also liked the Asian/cultural influence.Japanese to be correct. Philosophy, mediating and Rei but more about him later( Ya'll would love to know about him)

One minor complaint: Why was is not longer.I finally befriended them, got close and caring for the peeps in this book.BAM.THE END.I know if it was longer it could have resulted in dragging parts.I'm still happy in the end that this story was written and 80 to 85 % satisfied.

Anna is the girl I've mentioned before.She's witty and a girly.Wears not a lot make up or none.Energetic. Takes action after her body is stolen after the accident ( see synopsis) Being out of her body and trying to rescue , let say more than 2 people. The best is that sees that shes a cause in this and takes action (what a lot of PNR YA girls don't )

Harper is the ''mean'' girl.She popular, gets whats she wants and she did and caused the bigger .You are suppose to dislike but feel sorry for her. BRIGHT . silent moment ( huh?)

Rei.He's the boy next door.He's half Japanese (Whoot whoot, he is the 2nd love interest of color that i know of in 2012 paranormal releases). Some would say he is too perfect and some already said that.But he has flaws. He carries his loved one problems and sorrows on his soldier and is pretty hard on himself. I love how Anna shows him he does not need to.Hope you'll meet him soon. Ladies come closer. Closer. CLOSER. You will swoon.Hotness

The romance was lovely. Not insta lovey.But a gradual one.Anna 's situation brought them closer strengthens their relationship and eventually bloomed into love.

The plot was not difficult but trough Miss Rosati's writing made it tense, lovely and explosive trip.Plus the ability is explained very well. Very fictionally scientific. Sad to see this group of go but i ca't wait to read more by her.This lovely gem is out tomorrow.

virtual hangouts 
twitter
website
facebook

17 comments:

  1. good review. This book sounds good. I'm curious about Rei now

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to hear that you thought the book was too short-I definitely prefer a book that leaves me wanting more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely review, Roro! I've been hearing great things about this book and can't wait to read it myself. I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome review Roro and i adore your only complaint!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! I can't wait to read this one. It sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, astral projection is different. It's hard to get out of the box for paranormals and I'm always attracted to books which manage to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really great. I love the premise and the main character and the romance sound well done.
    Thanks for review,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing review my dear!!
    Im glad there is no insta love <333
    ANd wow! it is hard to find *different* paranormals nowadays. There are so many out there that well... it is hard that they dont overlap in some things.

    Im definitely looking forwards for this one! thnx so much for this review my dear ^.^ muah!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review! I have heard a few good things about this book now and I really think I need to pick this one up. It sounds great and the characters sound interesting. I love books where relationships develop gradually also.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great review Roro. Your review writing has come a long way! Astral projection now that is something different! I am justnhearing about this book. I am excited to checkmout something different!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read anything about this book yet! But you're right, the cover is beautiful. After reading your thoughts, I'm certainly curious about Auracle.

    "Ladies come closer. Closer. CLOSER. You will swoon.Hotness" --> You're so funny!

    LOVE that you mention that Rei is person of color. That's the kind of information that I want to know when I'm reading a review because I want to see/read more of it in YA! Thanks for that Roro! (I wish it obvious was on the cover, like with Transcendence by CJ Omolulu.)

    Great, great review!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great review! So happy to hear there isn't an insta-love. I love when relationships build instead. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous cover--I'm really looking forward to this one. :)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  14. I keep hearing about this one. It sounds really interesting and I'm all for PNR+

    Kate @ Ex Libris

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great review! I just learned about this one and I have to say, it sounds very interesting! I know what you meanabout some books how you finally fall in love with the characters and the bam! book ends! So sad :(

    I love the cover for this one as well!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cover! I loved your review- it made me want to read this. I find the story you described to be very interesting. Thanks for sharing!
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would recommend this book to pretty much anyone who enjoys fantasy or supernatural phenomena. It is unique and explores a concept that is virtually unparalleled in young adult literature today. Entirely unique and full of mind-blowing creativity, Rosati's debut novel is one that can't be missed. She has a promising career ahead of her as a young adult author.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater