Saturday, August 18, 2012

Stacking the shelves #2


Stacking The Shelves is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!


won/ gifted


won @ book-loversreview. Trini rocks go check her out.

   TO ADD To Goodreads 
Publication Date: April 12th 2012 by Viking Juvenile

Synopsis: It is the year 2129 . . . and fame is all that matters

Susan and her friends are celebutantes. Their lives are powered by media awareness, fed by engineered meals, and underscored by cynicism. Everyone has a rating; the more viewers who ID you, the better. So Susan and her almost-boyfriend Derlock cook up a surefire plan: the nine of them will visit a Mars-bound spaceship and stow away. Their survival will be a media sensation, boosting their ratings across the globe. There's only one problem: Derlock is a sociopath. Breakneck narrative, pointed cultural commentary, warm heart, accurate science, a kickass heroine, and a ticking clock . . . who could ask for more


SEND by Patty Blount { tnx S)


Publication Date: August 1st 2012 by Sourcebooks, Inc.

Synopsis: To keep his secrets, all he has to do is listen to the voice in his head and just walk away... On his first day at his new high school, Dan stops a bully from beating up a kid half his size. He didn't want to get involved. All he wants out of his senior year is to fly under the radar. But Dan knows what it's like to be terrorized by a bully-he used to be one. Now the whole school thinks he's some kind of hero, except Julie Murphy, the prettiest girl on campus. She looks at him like she knows he has a secret. Like she knows his name isn't really Daniel

Last Stop This Town by David H. Steinberg  ( won @ evie- bookish . one of the very best bloggers) 

Publication Date:  March 7th 2012 by Monkey Business Press

Synopsis: The debut novel from "American Pie" series screenwriter David H. Steinberg. It's the last weekend before high school graduation, and as they prepare to go their separate ways, four life-long friends spend a wild and raucous night in New York City that forces them to face their fear of growing up... and growing apart.
West Hartford, Connecticut. Growing up in the suburbs is a mind-numbingly boring experience for most teenagers, and high school seniors Dylan, Noah, Pike, and Walker are no exception. They spend their days testing how fast they can drive on the local residential streets, bribing homeless dudes to buy them beer, and attending crappy house parties. So when Dylan proposes that they spend their last weekend of high school in New York City attending an underground rave, the guys are ready to make some serious memories.
In New York, though, the guys have run-ins with a drug dealer with a penchant for fire extinguishers, a Chinese restaurant owner with a score to settle, an Albanian street gang, con men, hookers, performance artists, and a gaggle of hot, degenerate, rich girls. Over the course of one incredible night, their outrageous journey gives the guys a bonding experience they'll never forget, as they learn that part of growing up means they're going to have to face their futures on their own.
(Parental advisory: Contains strong language, drinking, drugs, and sexual situations, all involving teens)

 Pushing the Limits ( tnx S)














 SSAD.   by Susan Dennard ( won at her blog)

















What did you get this week?


28 comments:

  1. Nice haul! I really enjoyed Pushing the Limits and I've heard great things about Send. Hope you enjoy!
    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm reading the Susan Dennard right now! I like it so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh - new cover for Pushing the Limits. I'm not sure if I like it or not yet lol

    Send sounds really interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah some great reads. I am starting .send today! I am readijg Pushing the Limits now, and it is good. I reviewed Strange and Deadly a few weeks ago and enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very anxious to read Pushing the Limits and Something Strange and Deadly. Hope you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have some of these but haven't read them and send sounds good :)
    Great haul and thanks for stopping by!

    Janina
    My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing haul Roro! Last stop this town looks so great, as does someting Strange and Deadly. Pushing the limits has been on my to-be-read shelves for 2 weeks now, and I will read it soon. Hope you enjoy your new novels.

    Happy reading,
    Mar

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice haul, Roro! I really enjoyed pushing the limits and something strange and deadly. Hope you enjoy your new books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard fantastic things about Pushing the Limits. I really want to read it. I can't wait to see what you think of it. Great haul this week! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Losers in Space sounds good. Pushing the Limits was amazing! Enjoy! Nice haul roro. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooh, Pushing the Limits. I've heard awesome things about that one. I can't wait to pick it up and read it (okay, I can thanks to my long tbr list). Great haul!

    Thanks for visiting my haul.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not familiar with those first three books but I enjoyed Pushing the Limits and Something Strange and Deadly so I hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Losers in Space and Something Strange and Deadly! I can't wait to see what you think about them. They are on my reading list :D Let me know if they're good. Great haul :D Thanks for stopping by our blog

    -Dannielle / The Unseelie Nerd

    ReplyDelete
  14. I read Pushing the Limits last week and it's amazing! I hope you enjoy it just as much!
    Thanks for stopping by.

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're so lucky to have won Something Strange & Deadly!! I'm waiting for a copy from my library, but I'm so excited to read it! Enjoy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved Something Strange and Deadly, and I'm currently reading Pushing The Limits!Happy Reading :)
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice book haul! I've had PtL for awhile and still haven't read it. Your cover is so different. Enjoy all the books!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Something Strange and Deadly has an amazing cover! Hope you enjoy all your books this week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have been wanting to read Something Strange and Deadly. I hope you have a great reading week. Thanks for stopping by my STS:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yay for Something Strange and Deadly! It looks like such a fun read. Happy reading this week!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely adored PTL - hope you love it too! =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great haul! I adored SOMETHING STRANGE AND DEADLY and PUSHING THE LIMITS--hope you do, too!

    Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oohhh! Lots of good stuff! I'm so glad you're enjoying SOMETHING STRANGE AND DEADLY!!

    Thanks for stopping by The Hiding Spot! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really liked Pushing the Limits, but didn't love it! And haven't heard of Losers in Space before but it sounds great! Happy reading :).

    ReplyDelete
  25. SS&D is SO GOOD. Hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'd never heard of Losers in Space but it looks really good. Adding to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I really really want to get Something Strange and Deadly, it sounds amazing. Gret haul. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I loved Pushing the Limits and I can't wait for Something Strange and Deadly. Great book haul, enjoy. Thanks for stopping by my STS

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater