Tuesday, August 28, 2012

WOW #11

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly Meme hosted by Jill @ Breaking the Spine. Book bloggers present upcoming books they can’t wait to read and share their enthusiasm about new releases



Iron Hearted Violet (GOODREADS)
by Kelly Barnhil
Published by  Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Date to be published: October 2012

Synopis:The end of their world begins with a story.This one.


In most fairy tales, princesses are beautiful, dragons are terrifying, and stories are harmless. This isn't most fairy tales.

Princess Violet is plain, reckless, and quite possibly too clever for her own good. Particularly when it comes to telling stories. One day she and her best friend, Demetrius, stumble upon a hidden room and find a peculiar book. A forbidden book. It tells a story of an evil being -- called the Nybbas -- imprisoned in their world. The story cannot be true -- not really. But then the whispers start. Violet and Demetrius, along with an ancient, scarred dragon, may hold the key to the Nybbas's triumph . . . or its demise. It all depends on how they tell the story. After all, stories make their own rules.


Iron Hearted Violet is a story of a princess unlike any other. It is a story of the last dragon in existence, deathly afraid of its own reflection. Above all, it is a story about the power of stories, our belief in them, and how one enchanted tale changed the course of an entire kingdom

She freaking rides on a dragon. that is badass .And so young. I love middle grade covers




Tides (GOODREADS)
by Betsy Cornwell
Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Date to be published: June 4th 2013

Synopsis:When high-school senior Noah Gallagher and his adopted teenage sister, Lo, go to live with their grandmother in her island cottage for the summer, they don’t expect much in the way of adventure. Noah has landed a marine biology internship, and Lo wants to draw and paint, perhaps even to vanquish her struggles with bulimia. But then things take a dramatic turn for them both when Noah mistakenly tries to save a mysterious girl from drowning. This dreamlike, suspenseful story—deftly told from multiple points of view—dives deeply into selkie folklore while examining the fluid nature of love and family



this sounds awesome. A male protagonist ,  selkie folklore and a such a n adorable seal on the cover . WIN




Chantress (GOODREADS)
by Amy Butler Greenfield
Published by Margaret K. McElderry Books
Date to be published: May 7th 2013

Synopsis: Sing and the darkness will find you.
Shipwrecked on an island seven years ago, Lucy has been warned she must never sing, or disaster will strike. But on All Hallows Eve, Lucy hears tantalizing music in the air. When she sings it, she unlocks a terrible secret: She is a Chantress, a spell-singer, brought to the island not by shipwreck but by a desperate enchantment gone wrong.
Her song lands her back in England — and in mortal peril, for the kingdom lies in the cruel grasp of a powerful Lord Protector and his mind-reading hunters, the Shadowgrims. The Protector has killed all Chantresses, for they alone can destroy the Shadowgrims. Only Lucy has survived.
In terrible danger, Lucy takes shelter with Nat, a spy who turns her heart upside-down. Nat has been working with his fellow scholars of the Invisible College to overthrow the Lord Protector, and they have long hoped to find a living Chantress to help them. But Lucy is completely untrained, and Nat deeply distrusts her magic. If Lucy cannot master the songspells, how long can she even stay alive?
Beguiling and lyrical, dangerous and romantic, Chantress will capture readers in a spell they won’t want to break

look at THAT cover. LOOOK .  I  can't wait for this Gothic tale

45 comments:

  1. Very nice picks this week! They all sound really good!

    Thanks for visiting my blog recently--I'm sorry it took me so long to respond. Usually I'm a bit more on top of things! Have a great week!

    Check out my upcoming His Dark Materials Readalong and Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tides does sound great! I love male POVs and selkies!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing picks, Roro! Especially Iron Hearted Violet, haven't seen it until now, so thanks for pointing it out, I've add it on my wishlist :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three interesting looking books, and all with beautiful covers! Great picks, Roro. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I haven't heard of any of these, but they all look like fun! I am going to definitely look them up! Thanks for sharing =)

    Check out our WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. All three books sound intriguing. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks! I love the cover for Tides =D

    Here's my WoW!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great choices. I haven't heard of any of these. I occasionally read middle grade. I think I would most be interested in the second one. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sound of Iron Hearted Violet and the cover looks really awesome too! Hope you can get a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They all sound good, and the cover for Tides has my eyes popping out. I love watery covers! But the most interesting is probably Chantress, I'll put that onto my tbr!
    Thanks for sharing, and for stepping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of these but they sound great.
    Hope you get to read it soon,
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really great picks! They all sound so intriguing and all have great covers! Especially Iron Hearted Violet - You're right - it doesn't get much more badass than riding a dragon! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, those are all awesome picks! I hadn't heard of the first two, but I love MG fantasy AND selkie tales, so I'm pretty sure I'd like both of those. I just discovered Chantress today on a few other WoWs, and I'm really excited for that one! Thanks for sharing & for stopping by my WoW post. Happy Wednesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't heard of any of these, but they all have awesome covers! Chantress sounds pretty interesting too. Really cool picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Chantress looks interesting! Beautiful cover :)
    Thanks for sharing and stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! All three books look great. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The cover for Tides looks really nice. Plus a chick who rides dragons. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've heard about Tides, but the other two...Wow! Thanks for sharing them! I have to add them to my wishlist now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, they all sounds so good. Great picks.


    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=3556

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome choices. You really picked good ones this week. All of them look amazing. Adding to my goodread. Thanks for sharing and visting My WoW
    Michael @ The Bookshelf Review

    ReplyDelete
  21. "She freaking rides on a dragon. that is badass"

    Oh my gosh, I just died a little laughing! Great picks this week!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I chose Iron Hearted Violet for my WOW a couple of weeks back. I hope the illustrations for the book are as good or are similar to the one on the cover!

    Tides also sounds good, I've always been interested in selkie folklore!

    With Chantress, I absolutely love fantasy but the Lord Protector and Shadowgrims sounds like it can get too cliche, no personality, mu ha ha type of villains (could be wrong though).

    Nice pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think out of all three I am most drawn to Chantress, but Iron Hearted Violet looks interesting too. I usually don't read that much middle grade, but that one looks good. Thanks for stopping by my WoW! Following you!
    -Krista@ Breathe In BooKs

    ReplyDelete
  24. I haven't heard of any of these, but they all sound interesting. I'll add them to my tbr list.

    Thanks for stopping by and following my blog. I am now following you.

    ~Alicia~

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome picks! I agree I love middle grade covers they're so cute and whimsical! :) I haven't actually heard of any of these but they all look great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh my all of these look AMAZING. Best picks I've seen all day!

    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great picks! Haven't heard of either before, but they sounds very interesting! :) I hope you like them :D
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am So EXCITED about Iron Hearted Violet!!! Great picks:)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Some really great and interestingpicks, Rogier! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  30. All three of these sounds amazing! Chantress was my pick this week, too---and I can't wait to start Iron-Hearted Violet!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great picks. I'm looking at that cover... and I'm LOVING IT!! Thanks for sharing!!

    And thanks for stopping by my WoW! :)

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh, lots of great picks :D They all sounds awesome. <3 Hope you'll love all of them when they come out ;)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  33. I can't wait to read the first book <3 I love the cover and the blurb. Chantress looks also great!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Ahh these sound so awesome! I haven't even heard of any of them and I added them to my list. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ------
    Giselle from Book Nerd Canada
    Waiting on Wednesday #36

    ReplyDelete
  35. I just added Chantress to my whishlist this morning thanks to another blogger. That book sounds so good and the cover is stunning :).
    Great choice !

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh my goodness, the cover of Tides is just beautiful and adorable! I've never heard of it, so thanks for mentioning it!

    ReplyDelete
  37. The Tides cover is SO pretty! I love the sound of it. Chantress also sounds pretty good. I hope you manage to read all of these, soon.(:

    ReplyDelete
  38. I keep seeing Iron Hearted Violet, I want to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love the cover for Iron Hearted Violet - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Sorry for such a late comment! I know I'm WAY behind schedule. :P I also haven't heard of any of these books, but CHANTRESS looks really interesting! More books to add to my TBR list now. :)

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I had never heard of Iron Hearted Violet, and it went straight on my wishlist! I'm also looking forward to Chantress (to die for cover!), but I'm undecided about tides.

    Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  42. I've not heard of these books. So thanks for sharing Roro. I shall plop them on my TBR pile :D

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  43. I love books about unconventional princesses so I'll definitely be looking out for Iron Hearted Violet. Thanks for letting me know about it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater