Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Review: Legend of the Oceina Dragon by J.F Jenkins



The Dragons Saga: Legend of the Oceina Dragon
by J.F. Jenkins
Published    Astraea Press
Date Publication:  February 22nd 2011
Rating: 3.5/5


Synopsis:  Darien Oceina is the youngest son of the Great Dragon Lord of the Water. For years he¹s loved and cherished Tai Dawson from afar. Tai is a simple, ordinary girl who doesn¹t even know Darien exists. On his eighteenth birthday, he chooses her as his wife. But there’s one problem: She thinks his choice means she¹s going to be offered as a sacrifice to the Dragon Lord, but instead, she’s forced to move to his home, far away, to give up her life and be his bride. 
When she first sees Darien after the ceremony, she doesn’t expect to feel anything but hatred toward him. The two are struggling with the complications of a new marriage when their nation is attacked by a rival dragon species. Together they learn to love one another while they struggle to stay one step ahead in a game where the prize is their survival. 


My thoughts

Cover: I'm loving it. Yes it is not published by a big publisher and maye the cover is cover abusted out there, but this is exactly how I pictured Tai and Darien. On of my new beloved fictional couples

Book: I signed up for the tour of book two after i found i could read book 1. I took a leap of faith.I could have hated these books.Happy to have read it.

Once upon a time the Great Lord created dragons to protect mankind. 4 types of dragons. 4 different elements

We see Tai, a young lady, around 18 years of age living on a small island in Oceina territory.Wondering why dragons are following her since the age of 13 ish or at least she thinks they are following her in daily routine of life.Her mom tells her that she's been chosen as a sacrifice to the grear oceina dragon. Sacrifices are not uncommon. But is this really a sacrifice?

The writing was easy to follow and not too simplistic like a certain book i read this year.The world building was good but got confused a bit. It is a modern world.They have cell phones but the writing gave me old world, Medieval feel.

It has a dual narration . Tai and Darien POV. But this darien's story.

Darien around the same age as Tai in years. Not human years. He's a dragon, the youngest son of the Oceina lord and touched.What do you think that is?? Water is his element. The element of Oceina. Very kind but the oddball in the family. Members of the family despise him for what he's done. It was not his fault. His birth

Tai was not a kick butting girl. Just a normal girl in and a wall flower in her eyes and can't seem to understand why Darien sees in her.I quite liked her bit bitchy towards Darien but she falls for Darien in the end.

The romance was great. It was real.I was happy they supported each other in the end. It was more adult than YA . New adult.

Felt the loss , the pain of losing a loved one. Politically involved.Enemy caused. A neighboring tribe, a different species. The Inero, FIRE. But are they the real enemy

I quite liked it. Love shifters, love dragons, LOVE dragon shifters.I immediately began reading book two

I was given a review copy by the author


virtual hangouts 
goodreads 
twitter


To order
Amazon
Barnes & Noble


8 comments:

  1. You and me are so similar, Roro -- I absolutely LOVE dragon shifters too! But the only series I've ever managed to find about them before was the Firelight series by Sophie Jordan, so I'm really happy that you found this one! With a dual narration and great romance, how could I NOT want to read this? x)

    Awesome review, Roro! This book sounds wicked cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't actually read very many dragon-shifter books, but this sounds like a good one. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the cover too. I don't always like people on them, but this one works. And I don't think I've read a dragon shifter book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not read a dragon shifter book this sounds like a good one to try. Plus I like kick butt heroines. I also like finding books that aren't so well known. Thanks for calling this to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like dragons... I might just pick this one up :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, same here, I love shifters, I love dragons so shifter dragons...way cool :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like these covers too, glad to hear the series is good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds great. I haven't read a dragon shifter book before - so that's new to me!
    - Jessica @ Book Sake

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blog Design By Use Your Imagination Designs Inspired by Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater